Tuesday, August 29, 2017

So, I hear padsicles are legit...

Yeah, I totally just said padsicles. Like "pad" plus "popsicles."

Sounds pretty gross, right?

I promise, you'll get over it.

So what is the deal with padsicles?

Well, there are for after birth. Cause, you know, your lady bits are sore and raw and just not very happy.
I've never had a vaginal birth, but I can imagine those first few days are pretty..er......tender.

So, since I plan on having a vba3c, I thought I might as well be prepared for that swollen mess and whip up a few of these bad boys.



These are actually ridiculously simple to make.

First, grab a few maxi pads. I used six. I figure if I need to make more, I can, whereas if I make too much, then I'm stuck with random frozen pads in my freezer, and that's just kind of weird, amiright?

So, you need to take the maxi pads and open them up, but DO NOT remove the plastic backing. If there are wings, then open them up. The pads should look just like this...


Now, I looked all over for different recipes, and then I kind of came up with my own based on what I know of the ingredients and what I had on hand, so....

The next step is to add the good stuff.

I added one tablespoon each of aloe vera juice and witch hazel. I put the juice on first and made sure to spread it all over. I mean everywhere. Then the witch hazel got dumped right down the middle of the pad. Finally, I added 2-3 drops of lavender (geranium is also a great option, but I didn't have any on hand this evening).
/1
This is what the loaded up pad should look like...

So...pretty much the same, just a little shiny in the middle.

Now, just refold the wings up, and fold the pad back up and stick it in a freezer safe baggie with its buddies!

How super easy was that?!


To use: Remove on pad from fridge, and allow to thaw out for about 5 minutes (you don't want any freezer burn on your sensitive parts), and then use as you normally would.
The aloe vera juice and lavender oil are both super soothing and the witch hzel can help keep it all nice and clean...well....as clean as you can be those first few days postpartum!

What do my misfits think? Do you with you had some padsicles after your delivery?

Don't forget to follow me on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment